In August 2021 we registered as an Eco Circuit and aim to achieve a Bronze award in 2022. A Circuit Eco Team of 5 members has been appointed to promote our Environmental Policy throughout the circuit (see below).
4 churches within the circuit have registered as Eco Churches so far:
Balwest Methodist Chapel Bronze award
Central Methodist Church Bronze award
Degibna Prayer Chapel Silver award
Mullion Methodist Chapel Registered
Find out more about Eco Church at: Eco Church - An A Rocha UK Project
We hope that others will be registering soon.
LAMB Circuit Environmental Policy
Our Circuit Caring For God’s Earth
With God’s help we will celebrate and care for creation in all areas of our life together:
- Through worship, prayer and learning together
- Through managing our buildings and land in an environmentally sensitive manner
- Through reducing, reusing and recycling wherever possible, and thereby reducing our carbon footprint and use of finite resources
- Through encouraging all churches, groups & teams within our circuit to play their part in caring for creation and celebrating its wonders
- Through encouraging all individuals (of all ages) to play their part in enjoying and caring for creation
- Through working in partnership with other local churches, community groups, charities etc. in celebrating and caring for creation
- Through using the Eco Circuit award scheme to measure our progress and inspire further action.
LAMB Circuit Investment Policy
- As a Circuit we commit to divest from any investments in fossil fuels as soon as possible, and within 5 years at the latest.
- If we do not hold any fossil fuel investment then we commit to not investing in fossil fuels in the future.